This yummy hummus is my go to at any gathering. I love dressing up my hummus with spices and seeds for garnish, but the extra crunch and flavour they provide makes this hummus my absolute favourite. Serve with crudités, rice crackers, and my newest love- beet crackers, and don’t be surprised if you “accidentally” eat the whole bowl.
- 1 14oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic (I like mine with 2)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed butter)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil (save 1 tbsp as garnish)
- tsp cumin seeds
- tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- tbsp pumpkin seeds
- In a food processor, add first 6 ingredients and process until smooth. I sometimes add a teeny bit of water (1-2 tbsp) for a smoother consistency. Feel free to add a little water at a time, until your hummus is the texture that you enjoy most.
- Empty hummus from processor into a serving bowl. Garnish with leftover tbsp of olive oil, spices and seeds and serve with your choice of vegetables, crackers, or naan.
TIP: I love using lemon infused olive oil to garnish my hummus for an extra punch of flavour.