These colourful, light, and beautiful little packages of nutritional bite, will have you snacking in satisfaction this summer. With gorgeous and antioxidant rich purple cabbage, spinach, bell peppers, mint, avocado, carrots, and cucumber, these rolls provide a rainbow of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. My daughter and I made these beauties together for dinner last night and they were gobbled up in record time! MMMmmM
Ingredients for Rolls:
- Package of Rice Paper (size medium)
- Pack of Vermicelli Noodles (skinny)
- Mint leaves (1 bunch)
- 1/8 purple cabbage, sliced thin.
- 1 large carrot, sliced into match sticks
- 1 cucumber, sliced into match sticks
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into match sticks
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced into match sticks
- 1 avocado sliced thin.
Directions for Rolls:
- In medium pot, boil water. Add pack of vermicelli noodles and simmer on low until cooked. Drain and run cold water over noodles to stop the cooking process and place on dry towel to absorb excess moisture. Set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water, one at a time, soak rice paper for about 2 minutes or until soft.
- Lay rice paper flat and layer starting with cabbage, then carrots, cucumber, bell peppers, avocado, then mint, spinach, and lastly the vermicelli noodles in the middle of the rice paper.
- Starting at the bottom, fold the rice paper over the veggie mixture, roll once holding tightly. Fold the right side over, role once more. Fold the left side over, and roll until formed completely.
Ingredients for Lime + Ginger Peanut Sauce.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water (or more if you like a thinner sauce)
- 1 tbsp Braggs Soy Seasoning (or Coconut aminos)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- In food processor or blender, add all ingredients except water and blend until smooth.
- Add water until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Dip those yummy rolls!