This super easy slaw was inspired by a lack of groceries and a desire for a delicious side dish for the Black Bean Burgers I have on the menu for dinner tonight. This gorgeous slaw is colourful, healthful, and flavourful and the perfect addition to your summer meals.
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage (sliced with thinly with mandolin or sharp knife)
- juice from 1 medium lemon
- handful of mint leaves thinly sliced
- handful of cilantro thinly sliced
- sea salt to taste (I like pink Himalayan Sea Salt)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- In large bowl with lid, add all ingredients.
- Shake until honey and olive oil have dispersed among mixture
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours for a more tender slaw.
Tip: If you want to make this salad your main dish, just add a cup of black beans for added protein. You can also add corn, carrots, etc. This dish is so versatile, so experiment and enjoy!