My lovely Cousin, Suzanne, is a self proclaimed “Kitchen Witch”. Her meals, always a complete work of art, are packed full of nutrient dense and delicious foods making every morsel set off taste bud fire works, as you nourish your body with each and every bite you take.
These beautiful rolls are healthy, colorful, creative, scrumptious, and good for the soul. This recipe not only packs a phytonutrient punch, but is also packed full of probiotics, iodine rich sea greens, and are raw, vegan, low-fat, and gluten-free!
- 2 small purple yams
- 1 small yellow mango
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- several ribbons of red cabbage
- slices of lacto-fermented pickles and or garlic
- micro greens or any green leaves
- pack of nori seaweed sheets.
- Boil and mash yams, let cool.
- Meanwhile, Slice the mango, cabbage, pickle and garlic into thin ribbons
- Once cooled, spread 1/4 cup mashed purple yams, horizontally onto the lower third of one nori sheet.
- layer mango, cabbage and lax-fermented pickles onto mash
- Add mint leaves and micro greens above the mash
- carefully roll up from the bottom while gently squeezing roll.
- Using a sharp knife slice into 2 inch medallions.
- Plate and serve or keep in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Recipe by Suzanne Beinert. Kitchen Witch!