This delicious and beautiful savoury hummus recipe will be sure to delight your senses and is packed full of an array of nutritious ingredients to make you feel great about what you are putting in your body.
- 4 medium sized purple beets (peeled and chopped into 1″ squares)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 14oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp “Sriracha” hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: I use walnuts and arugula or pea shoots.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Melt coconut oil and shake beets in it to coat them. Place beets in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 25-30 minutes or until browning on the edges, turning half way through the cook time. Set aside to cool.
- In food processor add all the ingredients including the cooled beets and puree until smooth. I like mine a little chunky, but you can decide the texture that you like the best.
- Garnish with a handful of walnuts and some greens and serve.
Tip: This is a perfect dish to add to a charcuterie platter or just with a side of rice crackers and veggies.