If you want to get the man in your life to eat more greens, just add bourbon. This fresh, delicious and beautiful salad is a hit at my house.
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (I like “Braggs”)
- tsp. dijon mustard
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme
- sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in blender, blend until creamy.
- 2-3 purple beets
- 2-3 golden beets
- 1-2 small zucchini(s)
- 1/4 red onion
- 2-3 tbsp goat cheese
- small handful of pea shoots
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 8 cups mixed greens lettuce
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and chop beets into bite size pieces. Shake in 1 tbsp coconut oil. Bake on 425F for 30 minutes; stirring at about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice Zucchini length wise creating strips, and onion into rings, shake in 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil. Grill on medium. Set aside.
- lightly toast pumpkin seeds in oven (about 5 minutes at 425F)
- Toss greens in Bourbon Dressing.
- top with zucchini and onion, then beets. Top with crumbled goat cheese, pea sprouts, and toasted pumpkin seeds.
*Bourbon Dressing adapted from “The First Mess”